Kale with White Beans:
- 1 large bunch of kale
- 1 19 ounce can of white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
While the kale is cooking, coat a saute pan with olive oil. Begin sauteing the onion and garlic. Stir in the tomato paste and the red pepper flakes. Pour in the tomatoes, including the liquid. Let the mixture simmer then stir in the rinsed beans. Season with salt and pepper.
By now, the kale should be done. Drain the kale and put in with the beans and tomatoes. Pour in the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and let the liquid reduce, tossing the kale and beans. When the liquid has reduced and thickened, drizzle with a little bit of olive oil.
- 1 log of precooked polenta (found in the produce aisle with the tofu)