- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 morning star italian sausages (optional)
- 1 cup frozen mixed veggies
Heat oil in a heavy skillet on medium heat. Add potato, onion, mixed vegetables, sausage, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until potato is golden and crisp (about 7-10 minutes). Preheat broiler. Whisk eggs, milk, parmesan, and basil in a bowl. Stir the egg mixture into the veggie mixture. Cook until egg mixture is almost set. Place the skillet under the broiler for about 4 minutes, until the top is golden.A few tips about this recipe:
- Frittata is good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Use my recipe as a base. Experiment. Throw in whatever vegetables, fake meat, or cheese that you have in the fridge.
- Make sure whatever pan or skillet you use doesn't have plastic on the handle because it will melt under the broiler.