Winter time in Florida means strawberry season. I knew I wanted to make something for breakfast. Something warm and comforting, because it's been pretty cold for my thin Florida blood the past few days. So I did some searching on the internet for baked oatmeal recipes. There were quite a few, but I ended up combining several to come up with my own. And it was fantastic.
Baked Strawberry Oatmeal:
- 1 1/2 c quick cooking oats (you can use rolled oats, but you'll need to increase the amount of milk in the recipe)
- 1/4 c brown sugar (or maple syrup or agave)
- 1/2 c soy/rice/almond milk, whatever you've got
- 1/4 c vegan margarine, melted
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 fresh, sliced strawberries
Preheat your oven to 350. Combine all ingredients. Spread into a greased baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Serve immediately, and top with a few tablespoons of warm soy milk plus extra strawberries. Feast!
You could also assemble this ahead of time and bake the morning of. I would say it serves 4, except I ate two servings, so maybe it only serves two. Who knows. It's up to you if you want to share.