- 1 package 10 grande empenada discs, goya brand (found in the freezer section of the grocery store under "ethnic food")
- 1/2 bag frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Complete Seasoning
- Dash of hot sauce
- Olive oil
- Cheddar cheese (optional)
- The Goya brand discs are not vegan. I haven't shopped around for a brand that is, but if you find one, let me know!
- Feel free to use whatever vegetables use have on hand.
- I bake mine for several reasons. A) They're more healthy that way and B) I am terrified of a big pan full of hot oil. However, these empenadas are equally delicious fried if you are more brave than I am.