- 5 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1/2 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 stalks celery, plus extra celery leaves, cut into chunks
- 1 potato, cut into chunks
- Small handful of parsley
- 5 small tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 3 bay leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 8 cups water
Reduce to a simmer, add soy sauce and pepper. Simmer for one hour. Taste and add more salt if desired. Strain your broth, put into some Tupperware, and refrigerate/freeze until you need some vegetable broth. This recipe made about 6 cups.
Don't throw those veggies away; I snacked on them right from the pot once I strained the liquid. Yum.