Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

The Best Green Beans


I know that green beans aren't the most exciting vegetable. I don't know what it says about me, but green beans are in my top five favorite vegetables. This recipe is so simple it's hardly even a recipe, but because it's one of my favorites, I had to share it with you.

The Best Green Beans:
  • 1 pound green beans, rinsed and the ends snapped off
  • 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1-2 teaspoons fresh herbs of your choice, minced (I used rosemary and parsley)
Fill a medium sized pot with water and bring to a boil. Drop in the green beans. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until tender. Once tender, strain the green beans and immediately put them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Once cooled, in a medium saute pan, heat the oil. Put in the green beans and garlic. Saute for five minutes. Sprinkle with fresh herbs. Serve with a side of whole wheat couscous. Enjoy a light and satisfying lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment