Pages

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Puff Pastry with Lentil Filling


Ok, again, I kinda stole this recipe. But, again, I changed it to make it my own. The original recipe calls for crescent roles, but I didn't have any. What I did have was puff pastry. So here you have it.

Puff Pastry with Lentil Filling
  • 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
  • 1 cup lentils, cooked
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1/2 an onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/4 cup marinara sauce
  • Olive oil
Preheat oven to 375. In a pan, saute onion, garlic, and peas with the olive oil until soft. In a bowl, mix onion, garlic, peas, lentils, oregano, and marinara sauce. Cut puff pastry sheet into about 6 squares. Spoon lentil filling into the middle of the square. If you have room, fold the pastry over the filling. If you don't have room, don't sweat it. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.

Some tips about this recipe:
  • When I made this recipe I had leftover filling. Not sure when I would get to the grocery store again to buy more puff pastry, I threw the extra filling into a vegetable soup I was making. But honestly, I could have eaten this filling with a fork, no pastry needed.
  • You can use whatever vegetables or beans you like in the filling. Again (a recurring theme in my cooking) I just used what I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment