Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bears Eat Beets

Finally! I was finally able to stretch a recipe into an Office reference. So what about beets? Well, as mentioned previously I really love beets. In fact, after this post I have two more recipes coming that involve beets. But this recipe is all about beet juice. My mom has an awesome juicer so whenever I visit home I request some fresh juice with breakfast, at least once. Well this time my mom made the BEST JUICE EVER. I say this with absolutely no hesitation. This juice was so good I think both bears and Dwight Schrute would approve.

Mom's Awesome Juice:
  • 2-3 beets, scrubbed
  • 5-6 carrots, scrubbed
  • 3 granny smith apples, washed
  • 1 lemon, peeled
Place fruits and veggies in the juicer. Make juice. Enjoy! I believe this made us about 3 cups of juice, perfect for mother daughter sharing. I've actually been craving this juice since my mom made it for me. I need to get myself a juicer...

Also for breakfast that morning was my mom's amazing frittata with red bell pepper, broccoli, potato, onion, and garlic topped with provolone and parmesan cheese. And a nice side of fresh ciabatta. One of the many, many reasons I love visiting home.

No comments:

Post a Comment