Chocolate chip cookies had never really been my thing, at least as far as being one of my specialties. They always turned out fine, but nothing special. But one day I had a brilliant idea, one to liven up my chocolate chip cookies to make them special. That idea was cinnamon.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes about 1-2 dozen):
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Ener-G Egg Replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 oz. chocolate chips
A few tips:
- Traditionally, cookies are made with butter. I was out, so I just used canola oil. I have also made this recipe with 1/4 cup vegan margarine and 1/4 canola oil. I'm sure it would also turn out fine with all margarine.
- If you use all canola oil, as this recipe calls for, the batter is kind of crumbly. To shape the cookies, get a spoonful and press together with your hands.